Support: Annika and Simon

C
Annika: Hey, me and some friends were going to head downtown and see if there was anything we could buy for Taren. She seems a bit stressed out.
Simon: And?
Annika: Well, I thought that maybe you could come with us?
Simon: Why? What benefits would I reap by waltzing around with ditzy young girls and shopping?
Annika: If we find the right present, we could really get Taren’s spirits up.
Simon: So what? Who cares how she feels?
Annika: She’s our friend.
Simon: She’s YOUR friend. Not mine. You go buy her a present on your own accord. I have no interest in expending my time for a stranger’s well-being.
Annika: Simon, she isn’t a stranger.
Simon: I don’t expect you socialites to understand my reasoning for declining your offer, but my decision isn’t changing anytime soon.
Annika: Whatever. But I’m not letting you off the hook next time.
Simon: Right, like you can tell me to do anything.

B
Annika: Simon.
Simon: …
Annika: Simon.
Simon: …
Annika: Simon!
Simon: …
Annika: SIMON!!
Simon: Eh?
Annika: Taren wants me to tell you you’re a huge jerk.
Simon: Oh. Alright.
Annika: ​That's it? You don't even look the slightest bit bothered.
Simon: That is because I'm not.
Annika: So is this what you do all day? Read?
Simon: Is it any of your business?
Annika: What's the book about? Who wrote it?
Simon: Give it back! You and your grimy paws shouldn't be on my book!
Annika: This is-
Simon: It's mine, that's what it is!
Annika: Simon, I-
Simon: I don't care what you think about what I read, I don't care what you think about what I do, and I don't care about you, so buzz off!
Annika: Fine. But don't expect me to apologize.
Simon: I don't. I expect you to leave.
Annika: Whatever.
Simon: ...

AAnnika: Simon?
Simon: Ahhhg... oww.
Annika: Here-
Simon: Don't touch me! Stop that!
Annika: How did you get all the way out here?
Simon: What?
Annika: You're so far from camp. What happened?
Simon: I don't know.
Annika: Did it have to do with that book?
Simon: No.
Annika: You're lying.
Simon: I am not.
Annika: Simon, my mother wrote that book. And the curses in it aren't safe. They are only to be used with years of magic experience. You aren't even old enough to do basic spells in there.
Simon: Ugh. Why don't you leave me alone?
Annika: It was supposed to help you stop fainting, wasn't it?
Simon: How do you know about that?
Annika: ...Your sister told me about it. She said you get tired in high altitudes and that you can't do much physical labor without passing out, that-
Simon: I- it isn't- rrggh! So what if I was up here to try and get rid of it! It isn't like it worked! Here I was thinking for once things would go my way and I could be normal! And here you are looking at me like I'm a diseased puppy or something, I don't need your pity!
Annika: It's okay to admit you're upset-
Simon: I don't have time for this! I'm going back down to camp alone! I'll just put one foot here, and then the other one- there. 
Annika: Let me just be your crutch, until we get to camp.
Simon: I can manage, cleric.
Annika: ...
Simon: ...Fine. If you must. But I don't want anyone seeing me with you, we separate as soon as we get close.
Annika: I'll drop you off, then. Literally.
Simon: Don't drop me. That isn't funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Country Spotlight: Kestra

Break Days

Weekly Unit Spotlight: Karti